Health & Community Partners
Health professionals and community partners play an essential role in cancer support through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Wellspring Alberta aims to provide complementary community-based emotional, social, and practical supports for people impacted by cancer. Together we can enhance the standard of care for people impacted by cancer and ensure that no one has to face cancer alone.
How can you get involved?
- Refer your patients, caregivers and their families to our online membership form or ask them to give us a call.
- Share our resources. See below for the latest Wellspring Alberta brochures, posters and resources.
- Sign up for our Cancer Support Update e-newsletter.
- Request an in-service presentation to learn more about Wellspring, our services and opportunities to do more together.
- Participate in our public programs. Wellspring Alberta’s Speaker Series features highly respected oncologists, researchers and leaders in cancer care and health, and is open to all. Our Speaker Series also serves as a professional development opportunity for students and professionals.
- Invest in our future by volunteering or donating to Wellspring Alberta.
If you are interested in learning more about our community outreach initiatives, contact email@example.com.
Here are some ways we engage with our health professional and community networks:
- Participation in community outreach and engagement opportunities including community visits, virtual presentations and events to increase awareness and discoverability of cancer support programs and resources available across Alberta.
- Wellspring Alberta works closely with supportive care including psychosocial resources, rehabilitation oncology and patient navigators with Cancer Care Alberta to assist in the referral of patients and caregivers to Wellspring as a community resource during and/or post-treatment.
- Health experts contribute to Wellspring Alberta’s Board, Program and Speaker Committees.
- Wellspring Alberta sits as an Expert Member on the Alberta Health Services Cancer Provincial Advisory Council.
- Wellspring Calgary is introduced to new cancer patients at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre new patient orientation.
- Through our Money Matters program, training is provided several times a year to social workers and health care professionals on provincial and federal income replacement programs. The Money Matters program has built a collaborative partnership with the AHS Allied Health Professional Practice Team Calgary Zone for the purposes of sharing information and training for social workers across the province.
- Learn more about our collaborations
Wellspring Alberta description you can use on social media or in your own resources:
Wellspring Alberta is a charitable organization with a vision to ensure no one has to face cancer alone. Founded in 2007, it offers programs and services that meet the emotional, social and restorative needs of people living with cancer, their caregivers and their families. All of Wellspring’s programs are evidence-informed and offered free of charge and without referral. Wellspring Alberta operates two centres in Calgary, one in Edmonton and offers a full range of programs online and by phone. For more information, please visit Wellspringalberta.ca
Social Media channels for tagging:
- Instagram: @wellspringalberta
- Facebook: @wellspringalberta
- Twitter: @wellspringab
- LinkedIn: @wellspringalberta